Over 400 thousand people inhabit the area of the GPEV. With the unemployment rate of 5.7%, 12 thousand people are looking for a job. The Greater Poland Energy Valley’s strength is people.
- Population in 2019: 433 273, including 64% working-age people
- 5 counties, 43 municipalities, 14 cities
- Unemployment rate 5.7% (for the Greater Poland Voivodeship - 2.8%)
- 12 thousand people looking for a job
- The gross monthly salary 3889.80 PLN / 874.11 EUR (the average for Poland - 4 834.76 PLN / 1086.46 EUR, the average for EU - 1 646 EUR), 89% of the national average, 80% of the Greater Poland Voivodeship average
- 40 587 economic entities
- Being a part of the Lodz Special Economic Zone (Łódzka Specjalna Strefa Ekonomiczna) .
- According to the Institute for Market Economics’s report “Investment attractiveness of Voivodeships and subregions of Poland in 2016”, Konin subregion is one of the competitive areas in Poland, as confirmed by:
- High investment attractiveness for industrial activity (ranked 19th out of all 60 subregions) and services (20th out of 60).
- Average attractiveness for the high-tech industry (ranked 35th) - average.
- An excellent base for the watersports enthusiasts: Powidzkie Lake - the biggest lake in the Greater Poland Voivodeship, Gosławskie Lake, Słupeckie Lake, Pątnowskie Lake and others
- 41 km long route on Warta River from Waki to Sługocin
- Wielka Pętla Wielkopolski fairway - Warta Canal - Gopło (32 km)
- Warta River embankment in Konin
- Over 2.3 thousand seats in cinemas
- Around 40 annual large-scale events
- The salt mine in Kłodawa - Polish deepest underground tourist route, including 600 m route down with the speed of 6 m/s
- 160 km of bicycle lanes
- The Mikroskala Model Park in Konin
- Basilica of Our Lady in Licheń